The GlobalFIX™ V4 is a full-featured EPIRB loaded with high-efficiency electronics for performance you can count on, including an internal 66 channel GPS for faster acquisition from a cold start.
A protective keypad cover helps prevent false activation, and the all-new, user-replaceable battery pack has a 10-year replacement interval
reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze.
The GlobalFIX™ V4 has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacon’s transmission, power and battery performance and GPS acquisition.
GlobalFIX™ V4 offers the very latest in marine electronic lifesaving technology:
- Highly visible LED strobe - Energy efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS – Faster acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics – Performance you can count on
- User replaceable battery – 10 year battery life
- Professional grade design - Engineered, tested and built for years of use in harsh environments
- Simple manual activation – Keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarms
- Part Number: 2830 (Category I)
- Model Number: RLB-41
- Size: (no antenna) 8.13 (H) x 4.28” (W) (20.7 x 10.9 cm)
- Weight: (with bracket) Category I -1874 g
- Weight: (beacon only) 764 g
- GPS: Internal GPS (66 Channel)
- Battery Class 2: (non-hazmat) lithium battery
- Battery Replacement: 10 year user replaceable battery (replace 10 years after date of manufacture or after activation)
- Material: High impact UV resistant polymer
- Strobe: 4 LED Array Strobe Light
- Deployment: Category I - Hydrostatic release (auto)
- Activation: Out of bracket and wet, or manually in or out of bracket
- Waterproof: 33 ft (10 m) for 5 min.
- Output Power: 5 W +/- 2dB (406.037 MHz); 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)
- Operational Life: 48 hours minimum @ -20°C
- Typical Performance: +48 hrs. @ -20°C Longer in higher ambient temperature
- Operating Temp: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temp: -30°C to +70°C
- Approvals: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED (Pending), IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards.
- PLEASE NOTE: EPIRBS ARE CODED FOR AUSTRALIA