The ACR OLAS Float-On is a buoyant Wearable Crew Tracker that integrates OLAS (Overboard Location Alert System) technology with an LED flashlight and water-activated strobe.
The ACR OLAS mobile application technology detects a break in its ‘virtual tether’ to the ACR OLAS Float-On within 8 seconds of a transmitter going missing.
The mobile phone(s) then sounds an alarm and records the latitude and longitude of the incident using the phone or tablet's GPS.
ACR OLAS then aids the crew with the MOB recovery, clearly directing them to the GPS location where the MOB occurred with clear visual signals and bearing data.
ACR OLAS stores all location data and time of incident required by the rescue services.
As an extra safety feature, in addition to the audible alarm on the mobile device, the strobe light automatically activates once the transmitter’s integrated water sensors detect six seconds of water connection.
The high-power strobe flashes once every second for up to 20 hours, is visible up to 3 nautical miles away and provides an important additional safety tool for low light rescues.
The ACR OLAS Float-On is a compact, ‘Smart’, man overboard system. The OLAS Float-On can easily attach to adults, children, pets and objects such as overboard floatation devices.
It is small and portable and can easily be taken from boat to boat to ensure you are always protected.
Activate Solo mode on the app (2G phone signal required) when boating alone and the OLAS app will automatically text message (SMS) your emergency contact with your GPS coordinates in the event you get separated from your boat.
Users can track up to 6 different OLAS Transmitters with 1 phone/tablet and each individual OLAS Transmitter can be tracked by an unlimited number of phones/tablets.
If you want to track more OLAS Transmitters, add the ACR CORE base station or Guardian Engine Kill Switch and MOB alarm scaling your system to monitor up to 15 OLAS Transmitters.
Featuring a robust yet compact and convenient design, the ACR OLAS Float-On includes a feature button that is easily located in the dark.
The LED light is effective as a flashlight used to see objects in the distance whilst also emitting side light to ensure complete all-round visibility when acting as a position indicating light or strobe.
The ACR OLAS Float-On can be easily stowed on any existing safety gear or in a lifejacket pocket.
Start small or go big, the ACR OLAS is the only solution that can scale to meet your boating needs.
The range of the ACR OLAS transmitters allows for coverage on vessels up to 40 ft in length.
However, the transmitter is part of a larger scalable ecosystem of ACR OLAS products (transmitters and receivers) that offer additional safety features and can be combined to track large crews on larger vessels.
You can even ditch your phone and utilize your ACR OLAS Float-On with the OLAS Guardian Engine Kill Switch or OLAS Core Base Station as part of a more permanent solution.
ACR OLAS is a must have addition to your safety toolkit. It provides a simple yet cost effective safety solution for everyone on board including adults, children and even pets.
- ACR OLAS Free Mobile App Integration
- LED Flashlight (Low/Med/High)
- Water Activated Strobe
- Waterproof (IP67)
- Bluetooth® 4.1 Compatible
- Battery Life Indicator
- Fast charge (3 hours)
- USB Rechargeable
- ACR Product Number: PN 2982
- Size: 3.26” (H) x 1.30” (D) / 83mm (H) x 33mm (D)
- Weight: 1.5 Ounces (0.04 kg)
- Colour: ACR-Treuse
- Operation: Manual Activation or Automatic activation via proximity sensing or contact with water
- Light Output (Lumens) 120 (high power – maximum Lumens), 60 (medium power), 10 (low power)
- Runtime (hours) Flashlight: 1.5 (high power), 4 (medium power), 12 (low power), 20 (strobe), 720 (Standby with water activation mode and OLAS active), 1440 (Standby with water activation mode active)
- Charge Time (hours) 3
- Battery (rechargeable) 700mAh Lithium-Ion
- Battery Life Indicator: Flashing LED Indicator
- MOB System
- Track up to 6 different OLAS transmitters with 1 phone/tablet. OLAS Transmitters can be tracked by an unlimited number of phones/tablets (Bluetooth 4.1 Compatible).
- The ALARM sounds within 8 seconds of a Man Overboard situation. The system records the MOB location using your phone/tablets GPS and directs the boat back to the last known location for a quick and easy recovery.
- Compatible with the ACR OLAS Guardian Engine Kill Switch, CORE Base Station, and Extender.
- Mobile App
IOS and Android (Free Download)
- Connect multiple OLAS transmitters to 1 phone or tablet
- Connect 1 OLAS transmitter to multiple phones/tablets
- Solo Mode (Text Message Alerts to Emergency Contact with GPS coordinates)
- App Navigation: Back to point of loss
- Automatic VHF script for MOB alert
Download the ACR OLAS App on the App Store or get it on Google Play: Search ‘ACR OLAS’
- For use with vessels up to 40 feet (12 meters).
- Extend the coverage range on larger vessels with the ACR OLAS CORE, GUARDIAN and EXTENDER product family.
- Scalability: Upgrade your system with the ACR OLAS Guardian (Engine Kill Switch and MOB Alarm System), ACR OLAS CORE (Base Station with Alarm), and ACR OLAS Extender (extends range of your MOB system from a vessel size of 40 ft up to 100 ft)
- Buoyant: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes (IP67)
- Recreational and Commercial Boating
- Perfect for crew including adults, children, and pets
- Accessories (included) USB Charging Cable and Lanyard with clip
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Approvals: FCC, RED, CE
- Sup. No. 2985