A great alternative to heavy, rust-prone steel anchors. Guardian anchors offer Fortress technology in an affordable utility anchor. Made from high tensile strength marine grade aluminium - magnesium - silicon alloy, these anchors offer excellent holding power for less weight than an equivalent steel anchor. They are easily disassembled for storage.
- Precision-machined from an aluminium alloy that is as strong as steel, but only half the weight.
- Can be disassembled.
- 1 Year Parts Replacement Warranty.
- Easy to manage weight.
- Second only to Fortress in holding power tests.
- An affordable alternative to heavy steel anchors.
- Excellent as a spare or storm anchor.
- Easy to store.
Boat size recommendations are for boats of average windage and proportions in 30 knots of wind, average bottom conditions, and moderate protection from open seas. Remember that the loads in 42 knots of wind are twice as much as in 30 knots.
Use three-strand nylon rope, 6-12 ft (2-4 m) of chain and a minimum of 5:1 scope. Also, a minimum of 6 ft (2 m) of chain should be used for every 25 ft (8 m) of water depth. For storm conditions use an anchor one or two sizes larger.