ANDERSEN Winches© feature the Power Rib™. Unlike other winches with abrasive drum surfaces, ANDERSEN winch drums have vertical ribs running up the surface.
This combined with the smooth polished stainless steel gives a maximum grip and minimum wear on ropes, reducing the replacements costs of sheets and halyards.
What’s more, the Power Rib principle simply makes sailing more pleasurable.
Fewer turns on the winch make tacking easier.
Sheets can be gently eased out without harsh snatching and the risks of overrides and jammed sheets are significantly reduced.
The grip provided by the ribs will remain the same year after year, unlike many other winches with an abrasive or sandpaper-like surface.
Such surfaces have a tendency to wear down both ropes and themselves.
- Aesthetically appealing
- A prerequisite for those yachtsman wanting their yacht to look its best
- Full Stainless Steel - synthetic cap and bases are replaced with stainless steel parts
- Drum: 75mm
- Base: 152mm
- Height: 172mm
- Line Entry Height: 71mm
- Line Size: 8 - 14mm
- Weight: 4.9kg
- Gear ratio 1st speed: 1.3:1
- Gear ratio 2nd speed: 6.0:1
- Power ratio 1st speed: 8.9:1
- Power ratio 2nd speed: 40.0:1