The M45 is a smart and flexible charger that charges and maintains batteries from 1.2-120Ah. The M45 is developed for the smaller batteries on the sea, and is designed to endure the rough conditions of the marine enviroment.
- Four step, fully automatic switch mode model.
- Charges lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, GEL and AGM) from 1.2Ah to 120Ah.
- Maintenance pulse charging increases battery life and gives superb performance.
- Charges even drained batteries.
- Pulse recover of slightly sulphated batteries.
- Three unique charging modes for use on small batteries, large batteries and a special cold mode that is also suitable for AGM batteries.
- Low back current drain, low ripple and input voltage independent (220-240V).
- High efficiency: 85%
- Delivered with two interchangeable connection leads, one with clamps, and one with eyelet terminals.
- The charger can be connected for months, ideal for seasonal vehicles.
- Compact design with mounting holes for permanent assembly.
- 5 year warranty.
- Electronic safe, the charger will not damage vehicle electronics. The battery does not normally need to be disconnected from the vehicle when charging.
- Minimal gas build-up and a patent-pending spark protection system.
- Short circuit and reverse polarity protected.
- Double insulation.
- Splash and dust proof (IP65) and approved for outdoor use.
- Progressive temperature protection.
- Tested and approved by Intertec SEMKO AB. S-marked and conforms to the following standards: EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29, EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, EN 60555-2.
To protect the charger from overheating, the M45 is fitted with power limitation. The power reduces when the ambient temperature increases. The power also reduces if the charger were to be covered, which protects the charger from damage. The charger continues to work, but at a lower output. When the ambient temperature drops, the power automatically increases again.
- The M45 has a fully automatic, four step charge:
- Desulphation: Desulphation with pulsing for sulphated batteries.
- Bulk: Main charge when 80% of charging takes place. The charger delivers a constant current until the terminal voltage has risen to the set level.
- Absorption: Complete charge up to virtually 100%. The terminal voltage is maintained at the set level. During this phase the current drops successively so the terminal voltage does not become too high. If the absorption phase has been in progress for more than 18 hours the charger switches to maintenance charging. This function prevents damage if the battery is faulty.
- Maintenance charging - pulse: Maintenance charging. Charging varies between 95% and 100%. The battery receives a pulse when the voltage drops. Keeps the battery in perfect condition when it is not used. The charger can be connected for months at a time. If possible, check the water level in the battery
The charger is easily fitted in place using two screws. The diameter of the mounting holes is 4.5mm located as shown in the image. The image also shows the dimensions of the charger.
Input voltage AC: 220-240VAC, 50-60Hz
Output voltage Nominal: 12V
Charging voltage: 14.4V/3.6A, 14.7V/3.6A
Charging current: 3.6A
Back current drain:* 1.3mA
Ripple:** 50mV RMS, 0.13A
Ambient temperature: -20°C to +50°C, output power is reduced automatically at higher temperatures.
Type of charger: Four step, fully automatic
Type of Batteries: 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM and GEL)
Battery capacity: 1.2 -120Ah
Dimensions: (L x W x H) 165x61x38mm
Insulation: IP 65 (splash and dust proof), outdoor use
* Back current drain is what drains the battery if the charger is connected without the power cord connected.
**Ripple denotes the amount of interference there is to the current and voltage. A high current ripple heats the battery and shortens its life. A linear charger has a current ripple of 70 - 400% which is much larger than the maximum 5% for a modern sealed battery. Voltage ripple could harm other equipment, which is connected to the battery.