Duralac Green is a chromate free jointing compound designed to inhibit electrolytic decomposition between dissimilar metals often called galvanic corrosion.
It is a single pack, air setting product. Used correctly, Duralac Green prevents anodic decomposition.
Duralac Green may be used:
- Between aluminium alloy plates/extrusions and bolts or rivets used in building applications.
- In general engineering applications where dissimilar contact cannot be avoided.
- In vehicle building where aluminium alloy contacts steel.
- For marine application where corrosion is accelerated by brine concentration.
- In close proximity to the sea where a salt laden atmosphere will meet with structures and set up electrolytic cells.
- In Aerospace where rivets/bolts are secured into aluminium plates.