Fix8 Aluminium is a high quality architectural grade single component medium modulus silicone sealant, neutral cure, that exhibits excellent physical properties.
Suitable for typical sealing and structural bonding in glazing applications with metal, aluminium, Corian® most plastics and fibreglass substrates.
Fix8 Aluminium displays excellent weather ability and UV resistance curing to a high performance flexible rubber sealant in weatherproofing and structural applications.
Fix8 Aluminium is suitable for glass curtain wall construction.
- Base: Silicone
- Consistency: Paste
- Curing System: Moisture Cure
- Skin Formation: 12 minutes (23°C & 50%R.H)
- Tack Free Time 3 hours (23°C & 50%R.H)
- Curing Rate: 3mm/24 Hrs
- Density: 0.97g/cm3
- Shrink: 3%
- Elongation: 100%
- Hardness (Shore A) 35±5
- Tensile Strength: >1.0 Mpa (ISO8339)
- Shear Strength: > 1.0 Mpa
- Movement Capability: 25%
- Primerless adhesion to most substrates (except Teflon, PE and PP)
- Excellent UV resistance.
- Very good gap filling capacities.
- Neutral cure.
- Excellent stability.
- Superior weather resistance up to 20 years.
- Good compatibility with other sealants.
- Permanently elastic.
- Colour Fast.
- Suitable for marine exposure.
- Natural aluminium colour
- Installation of glass windows.
- Sealing of all openings in roof constructions.
- Sealing and bonding within the Automotive industry.
- Mounting and sealing of window frames.
- Bonding and sealing of coachwork within the transportation industry.