FixIt Mate Glue (FMP200) is a low viscosity honey coloured one-component polyurethane adhesive. As a high strength structural 100% waterproof adhesive that cures in the presence of air & humidity.
The product shows excellent adhesion on all types of timber, including damp timber and especially suited for marine timber construction, timber outdoor furniture, doors, shutters, window construction panels also adheres to carpet, concrete, brickwork, steel, aluminium, glass, polystyrene, and many other materials except for the plastics PP and PE.
It is important to note FixIt Mate Glue requires at least one component to be porous, it is also ideal that at least one surface has been wiped down with a clean water wet cloth, this also assist in the curing process.
FixIt Mate Glue thanks to its liquid consistency is ideal for adhering components in the workshop before placement, you have 30 minutes of clear working time and a 3-hour clamping time is required before the job is done.
FixIt Mate Glue will expand 3-4 times the amount you applied so use less to compensate, it will achieve 80% strength in 3 hours and continue to harden for 24hours. FixIt Mate Glue is completely food safe and can be used for gluing cutting boards, bowls, chopping blocks etc.
- Professional quality
- Easy application
- Fast drying, 3-4 times further than other glues
- Foaming penetration action to fill bond cavities
- High bond strength
- Water resistance: D4 (DIN EN 204)
- Can be used on damp wood
- Bonding of wood components
- Gluing of all types of hard wood (oak, teak, tropical woods)
- Bonding of MDF, particle board, formica and veneers
- Manufacturing of composite layer panels
- Bonding of insulation materials
- Construction adhesive in carpentry
- Consistency: Liquid
- Curing System: Moisture Curing
- Open time*: 30 min.
- Clamping time: 2 hours
- Compression Strength: Ca 1kg/cm²
- Specific Gravity: 1,1g/mL
- Water Resistance: D4 according to DIN EN 204
- Temperature Resistance: -30°C until +100°C
- Shear Strength: >10N/mm²
- Solid Contents: 95%
- Coverage Ca.: 150mL/m²
* This can vary according to environmental circumstances such as temperature, humidity, substrate etc.