When you have a GNX Wind instrument combined with a gWind Wireless 2 transducer, you’ll know what’s going on with the wind.
- Includes GNX™ Wind instrument and gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer.
- GNX Wind provides 2 data fields and a digital wind rose to simultaneously display true and apparent wind data, Steer Pilot, boat speed and more.
- Displays true and apparent wind speed and wind angles, true wind direction, boat speed, speed over ground, VMG, heading, course over ground and closed haul.
- Includes easy-to-install gWind Wireless 2 transducer, which eliminates cables for masts up to 50 feet.
- Internal solar-charged battery lasts 3 years and is easily replaced
GNX Wind Instrument
GNX Wind gives you the wind data necessary to make confident decisions.
Featuring high-visibility, glass-bonded backlit monochrome LCD display with customizable backlight colours, GNX Wind interfaces through the NMEA 2000® network to show 2 data fields and a digital wind rose simultaneously to display true and apparent wind data, steering guidance, boat speed and more.
Low power consumption of 350 mW daylight (no backlight) and 400 mW nighttime (mid-level backlight) is perfect for sailboats.
Customizable user settings allow you to configure the screen layout to your preferred setting.
Display configurations include more than 15 important marine parameters for wind, speed and navigation. It can even wirelessly connect to a quatix® 3 GPS marine smartwatch via ANT® technology to stream wind data directly to your wrist.
Wind Wireless 2 Transducer
Wind Wireless 2 offers an easy-to-install solution that eliminates running wires through masts up to 50 feet.
Accurate wind signals are sent via an ANT connection directly to a GNX Wind instrument or to a compatible Garmin GPSMAP® chartplotter.
The transducer features renowned Nexus® twin-fin technology with a 3-bladed propeller, providing accurate wind speed and stable wind angle in lighter wind conditions.
gWind Wireless 2 Transducer
- Unit Dimension, WxH: 345mm x 610mm
- Weight: 350g
- Waterproof: Yes (IPX6¹)
- Temp Range: From -15°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: From -20°C to 80°C
- Power Usage: Battery (rechargeable though the solar panel)
- Accuracy Angle: Better than ±1.5°
- Speed: Better than ±3%
- Wind Speed Range: 0. 8-90 knots (0. 4-50 m/s)
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
¹Protected against heavy seas
GNX Wind instrument:
- Physical dimensions: 110 x 115 x 30mm
- Display size, WxH: diagonal 83 x 60mm, 101.6mm diagonal
- Weight: 230g
- Water rating: IPX7
- NMEA 2000 certified: Yes
- Power consumption: 0.35 W (day); 0.4 W (night)
- Voltage range: 9-16 V (from NMEA 2000)
- Mounting options: Flush or Flat
- Temperature range: From -15 to 70 degrees C
- Compass-safe distance: 8.25" (209mm)
What's in The Box
- GNX Wind
- gWind Wireless 2 transducer
- Mast bracket
- Mounting hardware
- NiMH battery