Navigate your next outdoor adventure with the GPSMAP 66 series.
Whether you’re hiking, hunting, climbing, geocaching, kayaking or mountain biking, you can explore more with this premium, rugged handheld with a 3” colour display.
It features access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads to help you find your way with GPSMAP 66s.
And it offers multi-GNSS support as well as wireless connectivity for Active Weather, direct downloads and Garmin Explore compatibility.
- Large, 3” sunlight-readable colour display for easy viewing.
- Multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support to track your travels in more challenging environments than GPS alone plus three-axis compass and barometric altimeter.
- Access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads and no annual subscription.
- Expanded wireless connectivity supports Active Weather for up-to-date forecasts and animated weather radar and Geocaching Live for mobile syncing and updates.
- Compatible with Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage tracks, routes and waypoints and review statistics from the field.
- Up to 16 hours of battery life in GPS mode; 1 week in expedition mode lets you explore longer than ever before on a single set of AA batteries.
Get Your Bearings
In addition to multi-GNSS support , the GPSMAP 66 series provides ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities to track your journey.
The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure.
The three-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
See Where You’re Headed
Get a better picture of your location with high-resolution photo-realistic views of your route, thanks to direct-to-device downloads of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery without an annual subscription.
You’ll see a true representation of your surroundings to find trails, trailheads and clearings for campsites, to pick stand locations for hunting, to find parks and parking for geocaching and even to create waypoints based on landmarks.
Stay Tuned to Conditions
You’ll always stay informed of weather conditions when you pair your GPSMAP 66 series device via Bluetooth® to a compatible smartphone.
Receive Active Weather updates for real-time forecast information, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation and clouds.
It also provides live weather radar so you’re aware of inclement weather that can affect your outdoor adventures.
- Physical dimensions: 2.5" x 6.4" x 1.4" (6.2 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm)
- Display size: 1.5"W x 2.5"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)
- Display resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
- Display type: transflective colour TFT
- Weight: 8.1 oz (230 g) with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Water rating: IPX7
- Memory/History: 16 GB
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded maps: basemap only
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Basemap: Yes
- Storage and Power Capacity: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 10000
- Routes: 250
- Track log: 20000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) Yes
- Garmin Explore compatible: yes
- Garmin Connect IQ compatible: yes
- Wireless compatible: yes (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and ANT+)
- Map segments: 15,000
- Active weather: yes
- Smart Notifications: yes
- Live Tracking: yes (with Garmin Connect™ Mobile)
- BirdsEye direct to device: yes (no annual subscription required)
- MIL STD 810G ruggedness for thermal, shock and water performance
- RINEX Logging: yes
In The Box
- GPSMAP 66s
- Access to Birdseye Satellite Imagery
- USB cable
- Carabiner clip