The biggest advantages of the Glind Marine heat exchanger is its size, cost and ease of adapting existing cold water systems to hot.
The concept of having no naked flames on board, no electrical wiring and potential sparks and recycling energy generated by the engine makes the Glind system a safe, green, cost effective alternative.
The Glind Marine heat exchanger comes with stainless steel screws and bolts, aluminium mount plate and DR brass fittings which comply with Australian Standards for hot sea water use.
This heat exchanger can be used with raw water cooled engines or closed circuit cooled engines and is designed to be mounted below deck in a salt water environment.
The outer casing is a nylon glass polymer and couples perfectly with a Jabsco PAR-MAX 2.9 l/min pressure pump.
Suits inboard and sterndrive vessels 40hp and above.
The heat exchanger weighs less than 2kg and can deliver up to a whopping 65,000 BTU’s an hour. Measures 340 mm x 105 mm.
- Hot or cold water for galley and shower.
- Suitable for yachts, cruisers, sailboats, ski boats, trawlers or any watercraft that uses an inboard motor of suitable size.
- The Glind Heat Exchanger uses waste heat from a vessels engine cooling system or gen set to heat water.
- The system pumps water from the onboard fresh water supply tank through the heat exchanger to the shower or sink. One pump will supply continuous pressurised hot or cold water at any desired temperature to multiple outlets.
- The engine must be running to provide hot water.
- No naked flames or electricity.
- Compact system easy to install.