GME’s digital Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) have lead to hundreds of successful rescues in Australia and around the world.
With over 35 years experience engineering and manufacturing EPIRBs in Australia, GME is at the forefront in the development of life saving safety equipment.
The MT600 builds on this heritage, delivering next generation performance to commercial and recreational mariners alike.
Compact and lightweight, the MT600 is easy to install in any vessel utilising the specially designed quick release mounting bracket.
The MT600 features zero warm-up digital technology and an automatically deployed antenna.
Testing the MT600 is fast and easy. Simply remove the beacon from its bracket, press the test button and the full functionality of the beacon is tested and confirmed.
The MT600 boasts a ten year battery life and delivers great value for peace of mind boating. The MT600 is certified by COSPAS SARSAT for worldwide usage.
- Compact, lightweight, easy-to-mount design
- Meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of: AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards C/S T.001/007
- 121.5MHz VHF homing beacon to assist in guiding rescuers to your precise location
- Includes quick release mounting bracket
- Zero warm-up digital technology
- Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the bracket
- Ultra high performance solid state strobe
- 10 year battery life
- Quick and easy test facility with audio / visual indication
- COSPAS-SARSAT CLASS 2 (C/S T.001) Internationally approved, worldwide operation
Modes Of Operation
- Activated UHF (406) and VHF (homer) complete with high intensity strobe and audible activation alert
- Self Test Comprehensive internal diagnostics with visual and audible operator feedback. UHF test message (inverted synchronisation compatible with portable beacon testers)
- Activation: Manually by operator
- Bracket type: Manual release
- Duration: 48 hours minimum
- UHF: 406.040 MHz 5W +/- 2 dB PSK (digital)
- Solid State LED Strobe: 20 flashes/minute at greater than 0.75 cd effective intensity
- COSPAS-SARSAT: Certified to C/S T.001 (Class 2) Requirements
- UHF-protocol/data: Serial number
- VHF: 121.5 MHz 25mw. Min PERP@25°C
- Battery Chemistry: LiSO2 (2.4g Lithium per cell)
- Battery Configuration: 2 'D' type cells
- Operating Temperature -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature -30°C to +70°C
- Weight 550g (plus 98g for bracket)
- Materials UV Stabilized plastic chassis
- Performance AS/NZS 4280.1
- Retention Lanyard: Buoyant type approx. 5.5m long
- Reflector: SOLAS retro-reflective tape encircling unit above waterline
- Solid-state strobe: High reliability solid state design exceeds IMO requirements
- Antenna: Flexible self straightening stainless steel design
- Bracket: Quick release mechanism (manual) Retained by four (4) fixing points
- MT600 Manually Activated EPIRB
- Quick Release Mounting Bracket and screws
- Instruction Manual
- 406 MHz Beacon Owner Registration Information Sheet
- Emergency Activation Instructional Placard