Introducing the all-new MT603FG Float-Free, water-activated, GPS-equipped Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) from GME.
The MT603FG is the most advanced MEOSAR-ready 406MHz digital EPIRB on the market today.
Designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia, the MT603FG has obtained international Cospas-Sarsat approval.
Boasting the latest advances in emergency beacon technology, the MT603FG ensures the safety of your vessel and crew in emergency situations, regardless of your location.
The MT603FG is a Category 1 EPIRB, which means the unit will automatically deploy from the supplied ‘Float-Free’ housing via a hydrostatic release unit at a depth of 1.5 – 4 metres, with the beacon activating upon contact with water.
The EPIRB may also be manually removed from the housing and activated by the user.
The MT603FG features an integrated 66 channel GPS receiver, delivering greater position accuracy and faster location fix than previous models.
Boasting zero warm-up digital technology, the MT603FG acquires and transmits accurate latitude/ longitude and personal identification information to rescue authorities as soon as possible.
In combination with a high-intensity, solid state strobe light and auxiliary 121.5MHz VHF homing transmitter, the MT603FG is the ultimate in emergency beacon technology.
- Float-free activation - Hydrostatic release.
- 66 channel GPS receiver.
- Zero warm-up Digital Technology.
- 48 hours minimum operating time.
- High-intensity, solid state strobe light.
- 121.5MHz VHF homing transmitter.
- Cospas-Sarsat certified for worldwide operation.
- 6 Year warranty.
- 6 Year battery life.
Modes of Operation
- Activated: UHF (406) and VHF (homer) complete with high intensity strobe and audible activation alert.
- Self Test: Comprehensive internal diagnostics with visual and audible operator feedback. UHF test message (inverted synchronization compatible with portable beacon testers).
- Activation: Manually by operator and automatic when deployed in water.
- Duration: 48 hours minimum.
- Transmission: 121.5 and 406 MHz distress signals commence 60 seconds after activation.
- Delay: None required (due to digital frequency generation)
- VHF: 121.5 MHz; 50 mW ± 3 dB; swept tone AM.
- UHF: 406.037 MHz; 5 W ± 2 dB PSK (digital)
- Light: 20 flashes/minute at > 0.75 cd effective intensity.
Certification and Approvals
- COPAS-SARSAT: Certified to C/S T.001 (Class 2, Category I) requirements.
- Repetition Period: 50 s mean.
- Transport: Class 9 dangerous goods.
- Replacement Period: Prior to expiry date marked on case.
- Replacement Method: Service centre or factory only (non-user replaceable)
- Chemistry: LiSO2 (2.4g Lithium per cell)
- Configuration: 2 'D' type cells.
- Operating: -20˚C to +55˚C
- Storage: -30˚C to +70˚C
- Weight: 555g (plus 1000g for bracket)
- Compass Safe Distance: 0.8m (inc. mounting bracket) from magnetic navigational device when inactive.
- Dimensions: 155 (W) x 390 (H) x 110 (D) mm max. when stowed in bracket.
- Materials: UV stabilized plastic chassis.
- Antenna: Flexible self straightening stainless steel design.
- Type: Internal 66 channel high performance receiver.
- Antenna: Quadrifilar helix antenna.
In the Box
- MT603G Class 2 406MHz EPIRB
- Float-free housing (Category 1)
- Mounting hardware
- Instruction manual