The GME AIST120 can be considered as a vessel’s electronic beacon. By regularly broadcasting critical static and dynamic information to all similarly equipped vessels within range, the GME AIST120 provides boat owners with a vital navigation tool, particularly when operating at night or under poor visibility conditions.
Transmitted data includes vessel name, length, registration, plus speed over the ground (SOG), course over the ground (COG), as well as location coordinates which are automatically calculated and updated by the GME AIST120’s integrated 50 channel GPS receiver.
The GME AIST120 through its ultra sensitive dual channel Rmax™ technology will receive and decode transmitted AIS data from other vessels, AtoNs and base stations within VHF range; this information can be displayed on a compatible chart plotter, radar or PC charting system.
Received AIS information positively identifies any commercial vessel within range, it also provides its radio call sign, heading, closest point of approach (CPA) and time to CPA. Using this information leisure craft can make a VHF radio call to the vessel in question to verify its intended course and avoid collision.
Through the application of cutting edge TDMA technology the GME AIST120 is compatible and inter-operable with both Class A and B AIS systems through the VHF radio data link.
An internal GPS antenna makes for easy installation; however the GME AIST120 has provision for an external GPS antenna input for installations requiring the use of an optional external GPS antenna. (GPS450) - an AD408 adaptor is also required.
The GME AIST120 has dual NMEA0183 and NMEA2000 interfaces for simplistic connection to stand alone chartplotters or integration into more sophisticated on-board communication networks.
The GME AIST120 has the option for a toggle switch (not supplied) to be connected, offering a silent mode. No vessel information will be transmitted when silent mode is active.
The AIS transceiver works in an autonomous and continuous mode, regardless of whether it is operating in the open seas, coastal or inland areas. Transmissions frequency is between 156.025–162.025 MHz. Received data is on either 161.975 MHz or 162.025 MHz.
There are two categories of information transmitted by an AIS transceiver: ‘static data’ and ‘dynamic data’. The vessel’s dynamic data, which includes location, speed over ground (SOG) and course over ground (COG), is calculated automatically GPS. Static data is information about the vessel which must be programmed into the AIS transceiver. Software is included to enable the GME AIST120 to be programmed with ship’s data.
- Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI)
- Vessel name
- Vessel call sign (if available)
- Vessel type
- Vessel dimensions
- 50 channel internal GPS receiver
- IEC 61108-1 compliant
- Silent transmit mode option
- IPX7 construction
- NMEA 0183/2000 compatible
- Low power consumption
- 12-24 V DC input voltage
- Dimensions (mm) L x W x H 140 x 100 x 42
- Weight: 250 grams
- Power: DC (9.6 V - 31.2 V)
- Current: Average 170 mA @ 12 V DC
- GPS Receiver (internal): 50 Channel
- Electrical Interfaces: NMEA 0183 Output Baud rate of 38400 - NMEA 0183 input Baud Rate of 4800 - NMEA 2000 - USB.
- Connectors: VHF Antenna Connector (SO-239) External GPS antenna connector (TNC) - USB type A plug - NMEA 2000 standard connector - 12 way power input NMEA 0183 - external switch.
- VHF Transceiver: Transmitter x 1 Receiver x 2 (One receiver time shared between AIS and DSC) Frequency: 156.025 to 162.025 MHz in 25 kHz steps
- Output Power: 2 watts (33 dBM ± 1.5 dB)
- Dual Channel Receiver: Fixed freq reception @ 161.975 and 162.025 MHz
- Channel Bandwidth: 25 kHz
- Channel Step: 25 kHz
- Modulation Modes: 25 kHz GMSK (AIS-TX-RX) 25 kHz AFSK (DSC - RX only)
- Bit Rate: 9600 b/s ± 50 ppm (GMSK) 1200 b/s ± 30 ppm (FSK)
- RX Sensitivity: Less than -107 dBm at 20% PER (Packet Error Rate) Co-Channel 10 dB Adjacent channel 70 dB
- Environmental: *Water resistant to IPX7 Operating temperature: -25 to +55 deg C Tested to IEC 60945 ‘Protected’ category.
- Indicators: Power
- AIS transceiver (class B)
- Power and data cable, screw pack
- Product CD
- Quick start guide
- Instruction manual