Lewmar continues to define rope clutch technology with a variable geometry handle and unique grip pattern of dominoes that prevent rope fray.
Unlike anything else on the market, Lewmar's non-cam clutch has a series of smooth, in-line and parallel rings hinged at the base.
The line is run through these rings which are then tilted by a single connecting lever.
When tilted, the rings force the line to snake through them, creating the necessary friction to hold the line securely.
When they are allowed to resume their former configuration (the clutch is released), the line straightens and can be eased without alarm if released gradually.
- Domino Cluster and greater holding surface area holds line under load without fraying.
- Controlled Release - Pull back handle combined with patented clutch and release mechanism provides controlled release even at full holding load.
- Solid link from handle to Domino Cluster
- DC1 ((low load).
- High load applications for boats up to 9.7m (32')
- Line Size (mm) 10-12
- Min Holding Load (kg) 500
- Working Load Limit (kg) 500
- Weight (g) 249
- Height H (mm) 72
- Length L (mm) 126
- Width W (mm) 32
- Line Entry A (mm) 27
- Line Exit B (mm) 29
- C (mm) 29
- D (mm) 125
- E (mm) -
- F (mm) 79