Key Benefits & Features:
New Page 1
The gWind Wireless transducer not only provides incredibly accurate wind speed and direction, but it also has a barometric altimeter. This wireless transducer is an easy-to-install solution that eliminates running wires down the mast. Dedicated radio signals are sent through the included WSI connection box and GND 10 black box bridge that allows shared communication of critical NMEA 2000 data between the Nexus Network and Garmin compatible chartplotters.
Now Garmin chartplotter owners can enjoy the advantages of Nexus sail equipment and vice versa. The transducer features renowned Nexus twin-fin technology with 3-bladed propeller providing more accurate TWS in lighter air and more stable TWA. Optic reading provides superior accuracy and excellent linearity. The solar panel integrated on the transducer arm with internal solar-charged batteries lasts 3 years and are easily replaced. Easy plug-and-play installation between Nexus, Garmin chartplotters, NMEA 2000 and USB.
The GND 10 allows the data from the gWind Transducer to be shared between the NMEA 2000 and Nexus Network. It is a simple plug-and-play installation with no user setup or system configuration required.
The GNX 20, with black digits on a white or color background, shows the wind information as well as depth, speed and 50+ marine and boat parameters. Its glass-bonded display with anti-glare lens coating provides excellent daytime and nighttime readability with high-contrast digits scalable up to 36 mm.
The GMI 20 shows the wind information as well as depth, speed and 100+ marine and vessel parameters. Its large, bright 4-inch color display with extra large digits is easy to read at a distance and 170 degree viewing angle.
The DST 800 thru-hull smart transducer provides water depth, water speed, and water temperature data to the NMEA 2000 network. This 100 W transducer can read depths up to 330 ft; has an operating frequency of 235 kHz; and a beamwidth of 10x44 degrees.
What's in the Box
- gWind Wireless transducer
- GNX 20
- GMI™ 20
- GND 10
- Nexus WSI box
- DST800 thru-hull smart transducer
- WSI to GND 10 cable
- NMEA 2000 drop cable (2 m)
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- Nexus female field installable connector
- Mast bracket
- Mounting hardware
- NiMH battery
- An easy-to-install solution that eliminates running internal cables through a mast
- Includes a WSI connection box that receives dedicated radio signals from the transducer and a GND™ 10 black box bridge that allows shared communication of critical NMEA 2000® data between the Nexus Network and Garmin
- compatible chartplotters
- Three-bladed propeller for more accurate True Wind Speed (TWS) in lighter air
- Twin-fin design gives a more stable True Wind Angle (TWA)
- Unit Dimension, WxH: 13.6" x 24" (345 mm x 610 mm)
- Weight: 350g
- Cable Length: N/A
- Waterproof: Yes (IPX6*)
- Temp Range: From 5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
- Storage Temperature: From -4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 80°C)
- Voltage Range: N/A
- Power Usage: Solar powered
- Typical Current Draw at 12 VDC: N/A
- Compass Safe Distance: N/A
- Accuracy Angle: Better than +/-1.5°
- Speed: Better than +/-3%
- Wind Speed Range: 0. 8-90 knots (0. 4-50 m/s)
- NMEA 2000® Load Equivalency Number (LEN): N/A
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes