Muir’s patented auto free fall, power up and power down, or manual release free fall, are all available to within just one product - the DFF08
Mechanical auto & manual release free fall means no troublesome electronics need to be mounted on the drum or in your chain locker.
Drum shaft on a serviceable bearing centre for smooth, hassle free operation even under full load.
Muir’s designed HDPE & UV-protected heavy duty brake means no over-run of the drum during free fall. All Muir free-falling drum winches are supplied with circuit breaker, reversing solenoid pack, helm control switch and fascia panels, plus simple tools & hardware for an easy 30 second adjustment from auto free fall to manual free fall and power up, power down options.
Your DFF08 comes with installation instructions and a service manual, and is backed by Muir’s three year limited warranty.
Anchoring is made easy, fast, and reliable with this Muir drum winch, with no electronic components to fail and a larger drum capacity than other free falls.
Suits crafts up to 9m / DFF08 drum capacity 120m of 6mm line or 80m of 8mm line plus 6m of 6mm chain. Rope and chain sold separately.
- Compact anchoring system to suit boats with little or no rode storage
- Designed and made in Australia
- Drum made from 316 Stainless Steel
- Three year limited warranty
- Includes reversing solenoid, 100amp circuit breaker and up/down rocker switch
- Fitting instructions included with full electrical wiring diagram
- Tangle-free rope and chain operation
- Vessel Lenght: 5 - 8m (16 - 26ft)
- Power Supply: 12V
- Motor: (Watts) 600
- Max Load: 180kg at 7m/min (400lb)
- Work Load: 75kg at 33m/min
- Max Line Speed: 33m/min
- Chain Size: (Various) 6 - 8mm (1/4 - 5/16")
- Rope Size: (Various) 8mm (5/16")