The AIS700 from Raymarine is a Class B Automatic Identification System (AIS) transceiver designed for use with Raymarine multifunction navigation display systems.
As a Class B AIS transceiver, the AIS700 not only receives broadcasts from other vessels, it also transmits your own boat’s information too helping you to be seen on other vessels’ systems.
- Full transmit and receive AIS for enhanced situational awareness and safety.
- Latest SO-TDMA networking for longer range and faster performance.
- Built-in antenna splitter simplifies installation with existing VHF radio antenna.
- NMEA2000, NMEA0183, PC and SeaTalkng Compatible.
- Software or hardware switchable Silent Mode for enhanced security when needed.
- Operating temperature -15°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature -20°C to +75°C
- Water ingress IPX6 and IPX7
- Humidity Up to 93% @ 40°C
- Power Supply 12v and 24 nominal
- Power Consumption <3W
- Peak current 3A
- Load Equivalency Number 1 LEN
- DSC Receiver Implemented by time sharing with one TDMA receiver
- Receiver 1 band 156.025 MHz to 162.025 MHz (in 25KHz steps)
- Receiver 2 band 156.025 MHz to 162.025 MHz (in 25KHz steps)
- Transmitter band 156.025 MHz to 162.025 MHz (in 25KHz steps)
- Transmitter specification To meet IEC 62287-2 relevant sections
- Receiver specification To meet IEC 62287-2 relevant sections
- Transceiver specification To meet IEC 62287-2 relevant sections
- GPS receiver u-blox MAX-M8W
- GPS receiver channels 72 channels
- GPS Cold start acquisition time 26s nominal
- Positional source GPS & GLONASS
- AIS performance 5W SOTDMA
- Operating frequency range 156.0MHz to 162.025MHz Transmitting / 156.0MHz to 174.0Mhz Receiving
- Insertion loss AIS RX path 0dB
- Insertion loss AIS TX path <1dB
- Insertion loss VHF RX path 0dB
- Insertion loss VHF TX path <1dB
- Power handling AIS port Maximum 5W input
- Power handling VHF port 25W input
- Switching time RX to VHF TX 10uS Max
- Switching time RX to AIS TX 10uS Max
- Switching time VHF TX to AIS TX 10uS Max
- Switching time any TX to RX 10uS Max
- VHF port impedance 50 Ohms
- AIS port impedance 50 Ohms
- Antenna port impedance 50 Ohms
- VHF to AIS port isolation >28dB (both directions)
- Minimum VHF input power for switching 400mW
- VHF antenna connector type SO-239 co-axial
- VHF radio connector type SO-239 co-axial
- GNSS antenna connector 50Ω TNC co-axial
- NMEA2000 DeviceNet male
- USB Micro-B
- External interface isolation NMEA0183 and NMEA 2000 interfaces to incorporate galvanic isolation from power supply as required by the relevant interface specification.
- NMEA0183 interface 1 (MFD connection) NMEA 0183 HS (IEC 61162-1) compliant, bi-directional, RS422 levels. 4 wire interface (differential signalling). Configurable baud rate. Input to MFD from AIS.
- NMEA0183 interface 2 (NMEA0183 instrument connection) NMEA 0183 (IEC 61162-1) compliant, bi-directional, RS422 levels. 4 wire interface (differential signalling). 4 wire interface (differential signalling) Configurable baud rate.
- USB interface (PC connection) Protocol NMEA 0183 HS (IEC 61162-1) compliant, bi-directional USB port, 38.4 kBaud.
In The Box
- AIS700 Class B AIS Transceiver with built-in VHF antenna splitter
- GNSS (GPS) Antenna
- Power / data cable 2m (6.56 ft)
- VHF Radio cable 1m (3.28 ft)
- DeviceNet to SeaTalkng® adaptor cable 1m (3.28 ft)
- GNSS antenna gasket
- GNSS antenna pole mount
- Unit fixings (4 x No.8x19 self tapping screws)
- M5 nut and washer (grounding)
- Documentation kit
- GNSS antenna fixings (3 x M3x40 stud and thumb nut)
- Software CD