SeaTalkhs data is quickly distributed to other SeaTalkhs equipment using the HS5 switch.
Information shared using the SeaTalkhs network includes shared cartography (between compatible displays), digital radar data and sonar data.
- 12V or 24V DC
- 5 port - Watertight RayNet connection
- 10Mbit/sec, 100Mbit/sec and 1000 Mbit/sec (5th port only) supported network speeds.
- Gigabit 5th port allows higher speed across switches should a 2nd switch be necessary.
Systems with more than 5 SeaTalkhs devices require more than one network switch. Network switches can be connected together ("daisy-chaining") for this purpose.
The network switch provides a dedicated high-speed (1000 Mbit/S) port for connecting switches together while still retaining full data bandwidth throughout the system.
Each switch only has one high-speed port (port 5), so you can only connect up to 2 switches using the high-speed (1000 Mbit/S) connection. Any additional network switches must be connected together using a standard speed (100 Mbit/S) port.
Note: The maximum number of SeaTalkhs devices that can be connected to any single system is 25.
- Dimensions: 252.5mm x 88.6mm x 75mm
- Nominal supply voltage: 12 or 24 V dc
- Operating voltage range: 9 - 32 V dc
- Power consumption: < 2.5 W | < 600 mA @ 12 V
Environmental Installation environment: Operating temperature -25ºC to +55ºC
- Storage temperature: -25ºC to +70ºC
- Relative humidity: max 93% Waterproof to IPX6
- Conformance: Europe: 2004/108/EC
- Australia and New Zealand: C-Tick, Compliance Level 2
- Supported connection protocols: SeaTalkhs
- Supported connection speeds: 10 Mbit/S | 100 Mbit/S | 1000 Mbit/S