Broadband 3G™ Radar allows you to see more targets farther away from your boat. Now you get the same impressive short-range capabilities of the original Broadband Radar™ with the addition of exposing targets previously unseen before.
Simrad Yachting's Broadband Radar™ provides amazing target resolution, even at an unprecedented 1/32 nm range. Docks, channel markers, moored vessels and other critical targets are displayed with clarity and separation, for added confidence in close quarters.
Broadband Radar™ technology also eliminates the "main bang" of a pulse radar — the obscured "dead zone" immediately around the vessel — which interferes with close target detection.
Because Simrad Broadband Radar™ transmits at 1/10,000 the power of typical pulse radars (emitting 5 times less energy than an average cell phone), the radome is safe to mount in locations never before possible. In addition, the lowest DC power draw of any X-band marine radar makes this system ideally suited for sailboats and other vessels with limited power.
No more waiting 2-3 minutes for a magnetron to warm up - 100% solid-state design provides InstantOn™ capability. When darkness falls or the fog rolls in, you will always be ready. Ideal for sailboats wishing to save power, or boats at anchor not wishing to run the radar continuously.
- Crystal Clear Images
- Zero Radiation Hazard
- Low Power Consumption
- Mount Anywhere
- Quick Installation
- Unrivalled Short-Range Performance
- 10 MARPA Targets
- Antenna Beam Width Horizontal 5.2°+/-10% (-3dB width) °
- Antenna Beam Width Vertical 25°+/-20% (-3dB width) °
- Antenna Receiver Noise Figure 6 dB
- Antenna Rotation Speed 24/36 rpm +/- 10% RPMs
- Radar Warm Up Time 0 min
- Radar Wind Resistance 51 m/sec (Max:100 Knots)
- Transmitter Frequency X-band - 9.3 to 9.4Ghz
- Transmitter Power Output (at antenna port) 165mW nominal
- Data I/O Protocol: High Speed Ethernet
Technical / Environmental
- Mounting Bolts: 4x30xM8 - 304 stainless steel
- Waterproof Standard: IPX6
- Height: 280 mm \ 11 in
- Diameter: 488 mm \ 19.2 in
- Weight: 7.4 kg \ 16.31 lbs
- Humidity: +35°C (95°F) 95% RH
- Operating Temperature: -25° to +55°C
- Power Supply: 9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems) Reverse polarity protection vDC
- Power Consumption: 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc
- Power Consumption Standby: 2W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc – only 150ma
- Interconnection Cable: 20m (33ft) standard with RJ45 thin custom (Max 30m)
- Interface Heading: SimNet or NMEA 0183 with cable kit into display