Seconds count in a man overboard situation. The AISLink MOB automatically activates upon inflation of the lifejacket, sending an initial alert within 15 seconds to all AIS receivers and plotters in the vicinity.
Both positioning and MOB emergency messages are transmitted alerting vessels up to 5 miles away from your emergency situation.
Even in moderate seas, it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost.
The AISLink MOB’s integrated GPS quickly pinpoints a precise location and transmits this as part of the AIS alert message to all local AIS equipped vessels.
The AISLink MOB also has the ability to alert your crew to the emergency by activating the DSC alarm on your vessel’s VHF.
All AIS receivers and AIS-enabled plotters within a 5-mile radius (dependent on conditions) are alerted, and an integrated high-intensity strobe light assists with accurate positioning even in low light conditions.
Powerful lithium metal batteries provide 24+ hours of operational life, and the high-impact housing can withstand a drop to water of 20m.
Please note: This is not an EPIRB or PLB and is not monitored by AMSA or rescue organisations.
Note that most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF units comply with the standards for receiving MOB transmissions.
However, it is recommended that you check with your equipment manufacturer to ensure compatibility.
DSC functionality may vary or be disabled entirely according to the regulations of individual countries.
Features and Benefits
- Dual alert via AIS and DSC
- Onboard GPS for exceptional location accuracy
- Simple life jacket integration
- Manual or Automatic Activation
- Alerts AIS equipped vessels up to 5 miles (4.3 NM) away
- 24+ hours operational life and 7 Year battery life
- Ultra bright LED strobe light
- Rugged and Waterproof up to 10 meters
- Activation Method: Manual or Automatic Activation
- Application: Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational, Commercial Marine
- Battery Life 7 Years from date of manufacture or after emergency use (24+ hours operational battery life)
- Waterproof: 10 Meters
- Weight 0.2 lbs (92 g)
- Warranty: 5 years
- GPS Enabled: Yes
- Dimensions: 115 x 46 x 27mm
- Strobe: LED Strobe
- Frequency AIS channel 1- 161.975 MHz, AIS channel 2 - 162.025 MHz, DSC 156.525 MHz
- Transmit Power (EIRP) AIS: 1 Watt, DSC: 0.5 Watt
- Baud Rate AIS: 9600 Baud, DSC: 1200 Baud
- AIS Messages: Message 1 (Position), Message 14 (MOB Status)
- AIS Repetition Interval: 8 messages/minute (message 14 sent twice every 4 minutes)
- DSC Messages: Individual Distress Relay (single call made on press of the activation button, in regions where it is allowed)
- DSC Repetition Interval Once every 5 minutes (Relay only)