Altex PrimaShield Sealer 1L
PrimaShield Sealer is a quick drying, general purpose, below waterline primer fro steel and wooden surfaces. PrimaShield Sealer has been formulated for use on metal keels and hulls prior to antifouling. It is however also suitable for use as a barrier/sealer coat between unknown or incompatible antifoulings.
PrimaShield Sealer also helps prevent leaching of TBT from an underlying antifouling coating provided it is applied at a minimum dry film thickness of 80 microns (minimum 2 coats by roller).
- Single pack direct to steel primer
- Excellent corrosion protection
- May be used to seal old antifouling coatings
- Fast dry time
- Excellent application properties
- Excellent water immersion resistance
- Reinforced with aluminium flake
- Excellent flexibility for wooden hulls
PrimaShield Sealer can be used over many different substrates to provide a stable, well adhered surface ready for antifouling.
- Exposed steel, wood, fibreglass, Gelcoat, GRP
- Aged epoxies
- Aged single pack primers
- Multiple layers of antifouling
- To convert incompatible antifouling to No.5 No.10 or Vivid
- To seal TBT type coatings where removal is extremely difficult or expensive
- Coating Type: Modified Chlorinated Rubber
- Colour: Metallic Grey
- Gloss: Flat
- Flash Point: 27°C Setaflash
- Thinner: Thinner 121
- Storage: Store under cool, dry conditions
- Density: 1.34 kg per litre
- VOC: 578g per litre
- Temperature Resistance: 60°C (dry)
- Volume Solids: 34%
- Theoretical Coverage Rate:
- 6.8 sq. metres per litre at 50 microns DFT (roller)
- 4.5 sq. metres per litre at 75 microns DFT (spray)
- Recommended Film Thickness Per Coat:
- 221 microns wet to obtain 75 microns dry
- Application: Spray, brush or roller
- Dry Times (25°C / 75µm DFT / 50% RH):
- To Recoat - 2-4 hours
- Hard Dry - 18 hours
- To coat with antifouling - Min: 4 hours, Max: Indefinite
All orders are shipped from our Brookvale, Sydney order fulfilment centre. Orders are normally shipped within 5 business days - most quicker!
Shipping day estimates after your order leaves our fulfilment centre in Sydney are based on Australia Post domestic delivery times:
|ACT||2 - 4 business days||1 - 2 business days|
|NSW||2 - 4 business days||1 - 2 business days|
|NT||7 - 10 business days||3 - 4 business days|
|QLD||3 - 5 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|SA||4 - 6 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|TAS||5 - 6 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|VIC||3 - 5 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|WA||6 - 9 business days||3 - 5 business days|
Last updated 11/08/2022
* These delivery times are an estimate and actual delivery times may vary based on peak periods and other external factors. Bulky orders may take longer.
Shipping rates are automatically calculated based on live quotes supplied by our shipping partners. The quote takes into consideration, the bulk of your cart, where you want it delivered and if you want express or standard shipping.
Get a shipping rate estimate by adding items to your online cart. Go to the cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon located at the top right of the page. Then enter your shipping destination information into the "Estimate Shipping and Tax" section of the shopping cart summary.
We are currently unable to deliver online orders outside of Australia.
If you are located outside of Australia and wish to place an order offline. Please contact our Mail Order department or send us an enquiry via the orange help bubble located at the bottom right of this page.
Online purchases can be returned/exchanged within 30 days. Some exclusions do apply.
Visit our Returns Policy page for details on how you can return an item.