FixSeal MSP Clear is a high quality single-component flexible 100% Clear extra strong adhesive joint sealant, suitable for above and below waterline applications. Based on MS-Polymer, chemically neutral and fully elastic.
Suitable for use in low movement joints in Marine, also suitable for automotive, aerospace and construction applications where a tough flexible clear adhesive sealant is required.
It is recommended for fixing and sealing of porous and non porous substrates including all metal types, including stainless steel, aluminium, steel, 2-pack paints most plastics, glass, carbon fibre, fibreglass, timber, polystyrene and many other components and parts, found within marine vessels, also suitable for automotive, caravan, building construction industries.
FixSeal MSP Clear has excellent non-sagging properties and short cut-off string so that it can be applied in thick layers, with non-bubble formation within the sealant, shows excellent resistance to UV rays climate changes and environmental agents, is resistant to many chemicals, fresh and salt water.
It is over-paintable with water based paints and many other paint systems, and will not stain porous materials such as natural stone, granite and marble we do always recommend sample testing to confirm compatibility.
- High bond strength on nearly all surfaces
- Excellent adhesion on porous and non porous substrates
- High performance mechanical properties
- Flexible elastic rubber – movement accommodation up to 20%
- The straightforward application even in adverse conditions
- No bubble formation within sealant (in high temperature and humidity applications)
- Primerless adhesion (except where capillary water pressure can occur)
- Very easy to tool and finish
- Good extrudability and UV resistance
- Ecological advantages – free of isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
- Minimal health and safety considerations
- Can be painted with all water based paints and many other systems
- Resistance to many chemicals
- No staining of porous materials such as natural stone, granite, marble, fibreglass etc.
- Sealing and bonding in the marine & building industry
- Sealing of trafficated floor joints and low movement wall joints including glazing
- Structural Joints in high rise constructions
- Structural bonding in vibrating constructions
- Connection joints in sheet metal fabrication
- Supple bonding in boats, car bodies, caravans and containers
- Base: MS Polymer®
- Consistency:Stable Paste 100% CLEAR
- Curing System: Moisture Cure
- Skin Formation (*): Ca. 10 min. (20°C/65% R.V.)
- Curing Rate (*): 2-3mm/24h (20°C/65% R.V.)
- Hardness: 38±5 Shore A
- Change in volume: <2%
- Specific Gravity: 1,04g/mL
- Maximum Deformation: ±20%
- Temperature Resistance (fully cured): -40°C until +90°C
- Elasticity Modulus 100 %: 0,8N/mm² (DIN 53504)
- Tear Strength: 2,4N/mm² (DIN 53504)
- Elongation at break: >650% (DIN 53504)
- Shear Strength: >2,4N/mm²
- Substrate: AlMgSi1
- Thickness: 2mm
- Shear velocity: 10mm/min