Sikasil® Marine is a premium, neutral-curing silicone sealant which displays excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates and provides a permanent, flexible bond or seal, even under the most extreme marine conditions.
- Excellent thermal, vibration, UV and weathering resistance
- Adheres well to fibreglass, metals, glass, most plastics, varnished wood and painted surfaces
- Fast-curing and highly effective - Easy to apply
- Chemical base: 1-C silicone
- Colour: Translucent
- Cure mechanism: Moisture-curing
- Cure type: Neutral
- Density (uncured): 1.0 kg/l approx.
- Application temperature: 5 - 45°C
- Skin time: 10 min approx.
- Tack-free time: 20 min approx.
- Curing time: 24 hours approx.
- Shore A hardness: 30 approx.
- Tensile strength: 1.0 N/mm approx.
- Elongation at break: 600% approx.
- Service temperature: -50 - 250°C approx.
- Shelf life (storage below 25°C): 12 months
Areas of Application
Sikasil® Marine is a multipurpose product designed for use in both sea and fresh water marine applications.
It is suitable for sealing windows, hatches, fittings and instruments, as well as for bonding small components which are not subject to high loads.
This product is suitable for professional experienced users only. Tests with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.