Ideal for off-shore communications, this water-resistant UM455VHF with watertight radio housing is certified to meet the worldwide JIS7 water-resistance specification.
It has a rugged waterproof and submersible speaker microphone and includes Channel Select, One-Touch 16/9 and Triple Watch Select Keys.
Equipped with dual speakers for better sound clarity, the UM455VHF has one speaker at the front of the unit and a second speaker built into the microphone handpiece.
The UM455VHF has an optional GPS receiver for position input, or output received positions to an optional chart plotter.
The DSC Class D function allows for selective calls to any vessel with a DSC marine radio.
Send or display position information with the connection of an optional GPS receiver or optional chart plotter.
Send an Emergency Distress signal at the touch of the Red Emergency button; this includes your MMSI number and GPS position.
The UM455VHF allows you to boost the transmission power from 1 watt to 25 watts for maximum transmission distance.
The Extra Large LCD Display and Keypad is backlit for easy viewing at night or in low light situations.
The microphone and controls are made out of non-slip rubberised material making it comfortable and secure to handle.
Designed in Japan to offer outstanding performance in virtually all conditions and situations, this off-shore radio represents the highest level of quality and performance in marine radios.
Uniden’s UM455VHF is durable and ideal enough for boating, marine, fishermen, commercial use and so much more.
With extended range and crystal clear sound, the UM455VHF is the ultimate in VHF marine communications.
- VHF Marine in-boat radio
- Submersible speaker microphone
- Rugged waterproof housing
- DSC (digital Sselective calling)
- GPS input / output
- Dual speakers
- Full dot matrix LCD display
- 1W / 25 W transmitter power level select
- Variable squelch level knob
- Volume control knob
- Intuitive menu
- Triple watch mode
- One-touch channel 16/67
- Programmable memory & scan
- International channels
- Battery level display and tone
- Back-lit keys and display.
- 1 X UM455vhf radio
- 1 X DC power cable
- 1 X Accessory cable
- 1 X Mounting bracket & knobs
- 1 X Microphone hanger & screws
- Controls: Volume-Pwr, Squelch
- Status Indicators: Transmit power, Scan mode, Triple Watch mode, Battery High, Battery low, USA, CAN, INT, Memory, GPS, Message, Weather band, GPS status and Channel Display
- Display: LCD (Full Dot Matrix)
- Buttons ENT-1W/25W, Channel UP, Channel DOWN, CALL-MENU, WX-MEM, CLR-SCAN, 16/67-TRI, DISTRESS, and SCAN/MEM
- Connectors and Cables: Antenna, accessory, and DC power
- Size: (H)75 mm x (W)167 mm x (L)129 mm (without Heat Sink)
- Weight: 1.0 kg
- Supply Voltage Nominal 13.8V DC, negative ground (10.8 VDC to 15.6 VDC)
- Standard Accessories Mounting bracket and hardware, microphone hanger
- Antenna Impedance: 50 Ω nominal
- Microphone: Rugged 2 kΩ condenser mic element with coiled cord
- Speaker: 1.77 inch, 8 Ω
- Operating Temperature Range: –15 °C to + 55 °C
- Shock and Vibration: Meets or exceeds EIA standards, RS152B and RS204C
- FCC Approvals: Type accepted under part 80 of the Rules; meets Great Lakes Agreement and party boat requirements
- Power Output: 1 watt or 25 watts (user selectable)
- Power Requirement: 25 watts output: 6A@13.8V DC
- Modulation: ±5 kHz deviation
- Hum and Noise Signal-to-Noise 45 dB@1 kHz with 3 kHz deviation with 1000 Hz modulating frequency (nominal)
- Audio Distortion: Less than 8% with 3 kHz deviation with 1000 Hz modulating frequency
- Spurious Suppression: –45 dBm @ Hi, –55 dBm @ Lo
- Output Power Stabilization: Built-in automatic level control (ALC)
- Frequency Range: 156 to 158 MHz
- Frequency Stability: ±1.5kHz @ –15°C to + 55°C
- Frequency Range: 156 to 163 MHz
- Sensitivity: 0.25 μV for 12 dB SINAD (nominal)
- Circuit: Dual Conversion Super Heterodyne PLL (Crystal for DSC)
- Squelch Sensitivity 0.2 μV Threshold
- Spurious Response: 75 dB (nominal)
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 78 dB @ ±25 kHz (nominal)
- Audio Output Power: 2.5 watts (10% Distortion, 8 Ω load)
- Power Requirement: 400mA @ 13.8V DC at squelched, 920 mA @ 13.8V DC at maximum audio output
- IF Frequencies: 1st 41.925 MHz, 2nd 455 kHz (1st 21.7 MHz, 2nd 455 kHz for DSC)