Now is the fourth edition, Yachtmaster for Sail and Power is an invaluable manual for anyone following the RYA Yachtmaster scheme.
Extensively updated and redesigned for a new generation of would-be Yachtmasters, it covers all elements of the revised course, plus:
- Chartwork - including useful worked examples.
- Electronic navigation - how to use the latest technology for safe navigation: radar, electronic chart plotting and GPS.
- Pilotage - buoyage fully explained and illustrated.
- Communications - current maritime communications including GMDSS.
- Weather - the elements of meteorology, weather sources and forecasts.
- Safety and survival - including all up-to-date SOLAS regulations.
- Stability and buoyancy - the principles simply explained.
With this refreshingly practical approach, this comprehensive study guide promises to prove indispensable for anyone enrolling on RYA sail or motor cruising courses.