Altex Epoxy Barrier Undercoat 1.25L
Altex Yacht & Boat Paint Epoxy Barrier Undercoat is a high performance, sandable epoxy high build coating which is both very corrosion and water resistant.
Epoxy Barrier Undercoat is recommended for:
- Topside & Superstructure final sealing to provide an optimum surface for finish coating.
- As a high build surfacer to remove defects and achieve a finish suitable for application of Altex Polyurethane Undercoat or one of the Elite Polyurethane finish coats.
- As a high build barrier coat for below waterline application, used as part of an Altex Antifouling system.
- Direct application to sanded GRP, epoxy laminated wood and epoxy sealed wood.
- Direct application to epoxy faired surfaces.
- Application over Altex Epoxy Primer or Altex High Build Surfacer.
- Priming / undercoating over degreased & sanded aged polyurethanes, epoxies, fairing systems, gelcoats, epoxy laminates & fibreglass.
- Excellent build properties up to 150µm DFT in a two pass application.
- Excellent surfacing and sanding properties.
- Very good corrosion protection.
- Wide maximum self re-coat times for easy project management.
- Very good water and chemical resistance.
- Epoxy Barrier Undercoat may be top-coated with both acrylic or polyester urethane finishes and is specially formulated as an undercoat or sealer under the Altex Elite® range of polyurethane finish coats.
- May be used as a high build surfacer / undercoat for top coating with Altex Polyurethane Undercoat.
- May be used in immersion service as part of an Altex Yacht & Boat recommended system.
- Coating Type: Phenalkamide Epoxy
- Colour: Off-White
- Size: 1.25L
- Mix Ratio: 4 to 1 by volume
- Gloss: Low Sheen
- Thinner: Spray: Altex Thinning Solvent #12
- Brush/Roller: Altex Thinning Solvent #22
All orders are shipped from our Brookvale, Sydney order fulfilment centre. Orders are normally shipped within 5 business days - most quicker!
Shipping day estimates after your order leaves our fulfilment centre in Sydney are based on Australia Post domestic delivery times:
|ACT||2 - 4 business days||1 - 2 business days|
|NSW||2 - 4 business days||1 - 2 business days|
|NT||7 - 10 business days||3 - 4 business days|
|QLD||3 - 5 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|SA||4 - 6 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|TAS||5 - 6 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|VIC||3 - 5 business days||2 - 3 business days|
|WA||6 - 9 business days||3 - 5 business days|
Last updated 11/08/2022
* These delivery times are an estimate and actual delivery times may vary based on peak periods and other external factors. Bulky orders may take longer.
Shipping rates are automatically calculated based on live quotes supplied by our shipping partners. The quote takes into consideration, the bulk of your cart, where you want it delivered and if you want express or standard shipping.
Get a shipping rate estimate by adding items to your online cart. Go to the cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon located at the top right of the page. Then enter your shipping destination information into the "Estimate Shipping and Tax" section of the shopping cart summary.
We are currently unable to deliver online orders outside of Australia.
If you are located outside of Australia and wish to place an order offline. Please contact our Mail Order department or send us an enquiry via the orange help bubble located at the bottom right of this page.
Online purchases can be returned/exchanged within 30 days. Some exclusions do apply.
Visit our Returns Policy page for details on how you can return an item.