Altex Yacht & Boat Paint Epoxy Barrier Undercoat is a high performance, sandable epoxy high build coating which is both very corrosion and water resistant.
Epoxy Barrier Undercoat is recommended for:
- Topside & Superstructure final sealing to provide an optimum surface for finish coating.
- As a high build surfacer to remove defects and achieve a finish suitable for application of Altex Polyurethane Undercoat or one of the Elite Polyurethane finish coats.
- As a high build barrier coat for below waterline application, used as part of an Altex Antifouling system.
- Direct application to sanded GRP, epoxy laminated wood and epoxy sealed wood.
- Direct application to epoxy faired surfaces.
- Application over Altex Epoxy Primer or Altex High Build Surfacer.
- Priming / undercoating over degreased & sanded aged polyurethanes, epoxies, fairing systems, gelcoats, epoxy laminates & fibreglass.
- Excellent build properties up to 150µm DFT in a two pass application.
- Excellent surfacing and sanding properties.
- Very good corrosion protection.
- Wide maximum self re-coat times for easy project management.
- Very good water and chemical resistance.
- Epoxy Barrier Undercoat may be top-coated with both acrylic or polyester urethane finishes and is especially formulated as an undercoat or sealer under the Altex Elite® range of polyurethane finish coats.
- May be used as a high build surfacer / undercoat for topcoating with Altex Polyurethane Undercoat.
- May be used in immersion service as part of an Altex Yacht & Boat recommended system.
- Coating Type: Phenalkamide Epoxy
- Colour: Off-White
- Size: 5L
- Mix Ratio: 4 to 1 by volume
- Gloss: Low Sheen
- Thinner: Spray: Altex Thinning Solvent #12
- Brush/Roller: Altex Thinning Solvent #22