ANDERSEN Winches© feature the Power Rib™. Unlike other winches with abrasive drum surfaces, ANDERSEN winch drums have vertical ribs running up the surface.
This combined with the smooth polished stainless steel gives a maximum grip and minimum wear on ropes, reducing the replacements costs of sheets and halyards.
What’s more, the Power Rib principle simply makes sailing more pleasurable. Fewer turns on the winch make tacking easier.
Sheets can be gently eased out without harsh snatching and the risks of overrides and jammed sheets are significantly reduced.
The grip provided by the ribs will remain the same year after year, unlike many other winches with an abrasive or sandpaper-like surface.
Such surfaces have a tendency to wear down both ropes and themselves.
- Uncompromising quality
- Ideal for crews of small yachts where economising on manpower is key
- Aluminium-bronze alloy base plate approc. 2 1/2 times stronger than traditional bronze
- Lightweight stainless steel drum with Power Rib© ensure a superior grip on the sheet without causing excessive wear
- Extended service life of your sheets and halyards
- Drum: 57mm
- Base: 92mm
- Height: 89mm
- Line Entry Height: 28mm
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Gear ratio 1st speed: 1.0:1
- Power ratio 1st speed: 9.5:1