ANDERSEN Winches© feature the Power Rib™. Unlike other winches with abrasive drum surfaces, ANDERSEN winch drums have vertical ribs running up the surface.
This combined with the smooth polished stainless steel gives a maximum grip and minimum wear on ropes, reducing the replacements costs of sheets and halyards.
What’s more, the Power Rib principle simply makes sailing more pleasurable.
Fewer turns on the winch make tacking easier.
Sheets can be gently eased out without harsh snatching and the risks of overrides and jammed sheets are significantly reduced.
The grip provided by the ribs will remain the same year after year, unlike many other winches with an abrasive or sandpaper-like surface.
Such surfaces have a tendency to wear down both ropes and themselves.
- Reliable and precise
- Power Rib drums ensure smooth surface and corrosion free winch
- Built to last
- Lightweight stainless steel drum with Power Rib ensures a superior grip on the sheet without causing excessive wear
- Extended service life of your sheets and halyards
- Accommodates a number of sheet and halyard sizes
- Drum: 70mm
- Base: 120mm
- Height: 136mm
- Line Entry Height: 50mm
- Line Size: 8 - 14mm
- Weight: 3.3kg
- Gear ratio 1st speed: 2.6:1
- Power ratio 1st speed: 18.8:1